Friday, August 9, 2013

M.L.A. Prabhakar - Victory Celebration

Chapter 1

The party members and the college students who campaigned for Prabhakar were elated at the surprise victory. Phone calls followed all around and large number gathered at the counting station to greet their new MLA and accompany him in the victory parade. The procession moved towards the IPP office. From there the procession moved toward the house of Prabhakar. On the way, Prabhakar visited all the temples and prayed in them. The procession participants dispersed at the house of Prabhakar.

Next day morning Prabhakar visited his college and met the principal. Principal called for a faculty meeting to felicitate their alumni now, the MLA of the constituency. Prabhakar thanked all the faculty members for the encouragement given to him and promised to them to make efforts to increase support to the institution to strengthen it to promote science and technology.

He then addressed a student meeting in the college and thanked all the students profusely for participating very actively in his campaign and make the win possible.

In the evening there was the public function in the Nagarabharati Auditorium. The first speech was given by the party town president. He thanked all the voters for electing a dynamic and sincere person to the MLA post. He assured them that all party members  will work actively to support Prabhakar. He requested people to meet party members to give suggestions as well as to redress their problems connected to various administrative offices in the town, district and the state.

Prabhakar in his speech, thanked all for supporting his attempt. He thanked his company employees and students especially for providing great support to him and his party. He promised to them to hold monthly discussion meetings to gather their views regarding various issues that an MLA has to vote in the assembly and other bodies where he will be nominated as a member. He also told them that he will declared his weekly program and people are free to meet him in his house cum office on all the days he is present in the town. He will also make available a box wherein all suggestions can be dropped at any time by citizens. His email id prabhakarmla@gmail.com  is available for sending emails.

Speech made by Prabhakar

Thank you very much.

You, Voters have made an independent choice in favour a first time politician.

From  north to south and east to west, you defied the odds and the experts and delivered a surprise victory to me and my party.

I thank all the people of Ranimundry for electing me as your next MLA.

Every day I hold this office, I will give all that is in me to serve you well and make you proud.

Most of all, I will remember that while the honor is mine, a MLA is people's representative.

I want to thank my party president, Mr. Venkateshwara and all the speakers for their call of congratulations. A hard contest is now behind us, and now we must come together as a united citizens of this town.

I promised to my family members and friends at the very beginning,  that win or lose we would run a race which would make us all proud. I kept my word and we ran a clean, issues oriented, upbeat campaign with the involvement of large number people.

When I first started running, I asked for a lot of help, because I knew it was going to be me against the  big party machines. As it happened all of us were against those machines. But we persisted with determination with our aim of sending one among us to the assembly.


I’m grateful to all those who supported me even when I was a long shot. I especially thank a friend who was there with encouragement from the very beginning, Venkateshwara Rao. He guided me using his experience as a contestant in the parliamentary election.

There are some  people who gave me a chance and believed in me. For the trust they placed in me, and for all they have taught me, I thank my friends and party members. The victory celebration today is because of your early belief and support.

It all started with me, and my visits to party members houses. Our party president appreciated our campaign with an address here. Then it resulted in the Chief Minister's hurried visit to the town to defend his party. His special criticism of me and my party showed what we have achieved through our way of campaign.


In every corner of our town, I met with people, looked them in the eye, shook their hand, and asked them for their vote. I didn’t worry about their party affiliation, and they didn’t worry about mine. It was simply shared conviction that brought us all together. That helps in serving all as MLA of the town. Now every one can visit me and discuss issues.

In Hyderabad, I will work in the assembly with members of all parties to express your views and influence them to support your views.

As I proudly take up the duty you have given me, I promise to do my best for Ranimundry, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh and India.

I go to Hyderabad as the representative of no faction or interest, answering only to my conscience and to the people. I’ve got a lot to learn in the assembly,  but I know who I am and I know who I serve.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment