Deen Dayal Upadyaya emphasized the importance of co-operation as a social process. The activities in the society have to be organized with co-operation as the major social process. A business transaction has to take place as a co-operative transaction.
Deen Dayal stated, "Co-operation also obtains in abundance just as conflict and competition in this world. Vegetation and animal life keep each other alive. We get our oxygen supply with the help of vegetation whereas we provide carbon dioxide so essential for the growth of vegetable life. This mutual co-operation sustains life on this earth.."
What Deen Dayalji has stated has entered mainstream management through the concepts of relationship marketing and supply chain management. Both are based on trust and co-operation between producer and customers and producer and his suppliers. The entire business system has to be built on the basis of trust and co-operation. The other forms doing business are a waste of resources, both physical and social.
It is important to note that Deen Dayal emphasizes that there should be no waste of natural resources and he also implies social resources.
Economic Ideas of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya
Deep and Deep Publications, Jan 1, 1999 - 167 pages
An Important Topic in Supply Chain Management
Topic from the book "Supply Chain Management: Strategy, Planning and Operation" by Sunil Chopra, Peter Meindl, and D.V. Kalra, Fourth Edition, Pearson, 2010.
Designing a Relationship with Cooperation and Trust
Key steps involved
1. Assessing the value of the relationship.
2. Identifying operational roles and decision rights for each party
3. Creating effective contracts
4. Designing effective conflict resolution mechanism
1. Assessing the value of the relationship: A well designed supply chain creates increase in total profits for the supply chain. The next step is to clarify the contribution of each party as well as the benefits that will accrue to each. When the relationship results in increased benefit to each of the parties involved in a relationship it is likely to flourish. If a party feels, injustice is done to him in a cooperative endeavour, conflict will result. Cooperationism as a guiding principle directs managers to enhance cooperation and eliminate conflict.
Updated 20 Jan 2016, 9 May 2015
First published on 25 April 2015. The thought came in the workshop on Deen Dayalji's Ekatma Manav Vaad.
INVITATION FOR SEMINAR ON “EKATMA MANAV DARSHAN AS A PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE”
In view of the birth centenary year of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya, (Propounder of Ekatma Manav-vad), Deendayal Prerana Kendra and Ekatma Prabodh Mandal have organized a seminar on Ekatma Manav Darshan as per details below:
Theme: EKATMA MANAV DARSHAN AS A PRACTICAL ALTERNATIVE
Place: SHRIRAM VYAYAMSHALA HALL, OPP.GADAKARI RANGAYATAN, THANE WEST
Time: WEDNESDAY, 10TH FEBRUARY 2016, 4.30 TO 7.45 PM
Session 1: Ekatma Manav Darshan & Capitalism by Dr. KVSS Narayana Rao
Session 2: Ekatma Manav Darshan & Globalization by Dr. Varadraj Bapat
Session 3: Ekatma Manav Darshan – In Practice by Dilip Kelkar
Session 4: Samarop: DR. SATISH MODH, Director, Vivekanand Institute of Mgt, Chembur
DEENDAYAL PRERANA KENDRA 2/27 Kalpana Sahaniwas, Sahyog Mandir Path, Naupada, Thane (W)
EKATMA PRABODH MANDAL (Activity of Ekatma Vikas Samiti, Public Trust) B105 Vatsalyadeep, Krantiveer Phadke Marg, Mulund East, Mumbai 400081 Tel: 25639654, Email: ekatmaprabodh at the rate gmail.com